Saturday, September 26, 2009

Two Birds


Two birds dancing on the wind
The are white
In flight
Mesmerizing as they
Rise and
Fall. And I think of you
And
Me and how we rise and fall
And dance and
Soar and ignite
And delight
Each other
But rarely
Do we find each other just like this
Like these two birds
No thought
No plans just a
Chance meeting in the sky
And a dance
Gorgeous
Unscripted
Improv
Twisted and tangled in
A quiet quarrel
Descending and rising
up up up
just to plummet once again
why?
for the feeling
nothing else
and to share it
with another
and then
to
just
fly away.

It was 6am
It was two minutes
It was you and me
And
Infinity
And never
Again
Just like that
On that bright, dark dawn of that unusually cold
September day
When I woke up,
I don’t know why,
Just in time to watch something that was meant
only
To fade away…

I closed my eyes
again
And slept the best sleep –

Like I always do after I’ve woken up
quick and too early
to make sure the sun was going to rise again (what a gift!) –

Falling deeper and deeper into unconsciousness
Into that Beautiful
Two-birds-flying
Oblivion

Did you see it??

No comments: