Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Awkward Pose, a.k.a. First Snow

It was nine whole weeks
of the Awkward Pose
twice a day
without much relief.
Sometimes we would hold it
so long
our legs quivered
like the sewing machine needle

up
and
down
up
and
down
up
and
down

Sweetjesus

When will it end?

Day after day:

The Awkward Pose,
until my legs grew
and pushed at the seems of my pants
and looked kinda large -
manly.

Not the yoga chick body I was hoping for
after nine weeks at Bikram's Torture Chamber...

BUT,

coming back from Hawaii,
back to the snow,
to Colorado,
where it snowed four feet
in four days
by some blessing of the saints of sanity
and we all skied
and skied
and skied.

I almost cried;
I was so happy
inside
to find the joy once again
in water.
Frozen this time,
but fluid just the same
like those waves in Waikiki
we rode
with smiles tacked on,

full on.

First Snow
Awkward Pose

Never have I felt so strong.

"I love my thighs!" she cries
screaming down the slopes
licking powdercold love from her lips

sending this one out with a kiss

to the Awkward Pose
and the First (four feet!) Snow.
(and to that muscle bound Craig "Vicious" Villani)

No comments: