Monday, January 21, 2008

Ripple

There is this girl
who lives inside
her eyes were blue-green
her skin fair
while I am dark and tan
eyes like night.
She was my sister
gone before me
her name is my name,
now.
I carry her with me
everyday,
giving her a chance to live,
to be more than five-years-old.
To be wild
out-of-control
exuberant
broken
nasty
bitchy
radiant
a teacher
a writer
a friend
drunk
stoned
clear-headed
focused
loved

alive.

I found these pants
today
in my closet
that I wore to Glen's funeral
not so many years ago.
He was an activist
a pilot
a father
husband
friend

When I fly through the sky
I think he's there,
out there,
and when I think i am small
insignificant
I think of him,
his life,
so short, but strong.
His light
lives on.

Russel and Damon,
I feel you in the waves,
the water,
the roaring currents that push towards the sea.
That unrelenting force
of the rivers
that lives within me,
in that, I feel your hearts beat,
your spirits sing
again and again.

Those who have come and gone
the energy of life continues
every
day
all over
in water
in blood
in miracles
in lessons
in understanding
in my life
in yours.

Always
a pulse

a ripple

No comments: