Wednesday, November 25, 2009

In The Morning

In the morning, when you wake, lie on your back and be perfectly still. Silently say to yourself,
"Today I will make no decisions by myself."
Say this several times until you have meant what you are saying.
Then Add,
"I will make no decisions by myself because it is no longer intelligent to do so.
Instead, I will make all my decisions in silent council with the Infinite."

- From Erich Schiffmann "Yoga: The Spirit and Practice of Moving into Stillness"

I like to make decisions for myself, but I believe if I can really listen, there is a much greater force guiding me.

1 comment:

The Rice Cakes said...

I learned this some time ago. I was not very good at guiding my own life. I was too impulsive. I am so blessed to be living for something bigger than myself.