Wednesday, November 18, 2009

The View (Gratitude)


My toes spread wide, gripping
Growing
Roots
Like a tree
Pressing down,
Into the earth
I feel my body
Growing
Up.
Breathing in this view
Blue
I take in the energy of all these mountains
and all this sky
Starting with the bottom of my feet
Saturating
My ankles, knees, thighs,
The base of my being
Through the torso
Washing over the shoulders and dripping down my arms and fingertips.
One more breath and my body if full and then my mind is consumed
My brain is blank, only
A canvas of colors, and:
mountains and sky
tall and wide
snowcapped trees
reaching
a few song birds
singing
bright white,
blinding.
The life force,
My breath,
Feeding me from the tips of my toes to the top of my head -
Opening like a lid to the sky above and
Infinity -
Sinking into the earth,
Finding nourishment and love.

All day
Everyday
This is how I live
This is how I breathe
This is how I see

The view.

No comments: